As the British summer is second to none existent I am pretty much kept indoors, which isn’t good with having A.D.D. So to keep myself occupied I have decided to make a backdrop onto which I can drape fabrics over to make my still life images a little cleaner in the background.
I went to my grandma’s to find some lengths of 30mm x 15mm to chop down but for some reason she’s hoarded it and won’t let me use it so I came back to hunt some more in the garage which didn’t go well. So I looked in the shed and miraculously found exactly what I needed. I measured the lengths and fired up the circular saw. Getting the angular pieces was the scariest part, my finger tips were millimetres from no longer being connected to my beloved digits.
Once cut to size the edges were extremely rough and I was a little worried it’d snag on the fabric, so I sanded the edges down to reduce the risk of fabrics I drape over the structure from tearing if they are aggressively removed by accident.
I proceeded to glue the structure together but I found the clamps I usually use are M.I.A, so to secure the structure I used glue and one clamp to make sure the glue set right. I used screws once the glue dried to ensure it will never break, at least under the weight of a piece of fabric.
I’ll gather some flowers tomorrow and share some behind the scenes shots of the structure in use.