Although there is still a month left to submit for the exhibition I decided to practice mounting a couple of the test prints I bought a couple weeks ago.
I’ve never mounted digital prints before (only gelatin silver prints) and I haven’t used mount board in over a year so measuring squared lengths of mount board was something to get used to again.
The process is relatively simple once you have the main components and tools that work properly (something I struggled with during the process). But it was over pretty quickly and I’m sure I’ll give it another go in the coming weeks; along with cutting window mounts again.
Obviously the process starts with measuring the substrate; in this case offcuts of mount board from my BA end of year show.I cut out 2 boards as I knew I’d ruin one, especially since it’s my first try.I used the lino roller to make sure the roll adhered to the mount board properly and picked out 2 images from the test print batch to mount.The final step was the only step I couldn’t really photograph, but Tony’s video shows the process very clearly so I suggest you take a look at that. *I did skew the aeroplane picture which is why I’m holding up the mono print to show the edges.*That’s all for now, I just need to try it a few more times to get it perfect for the opening night of the exhibition and cut the window mounts for the frames; which we still haven’t decided on.
As far as everything else for the exhibition goes we’re just waiting on news for the newspaper and radio adverts and we’re ready to go.