After a week of thinking about cutting the window mounts for the Lancs Open frames but not having the time, I decided to spend an hour or so yesterday afternoon and get to it. I brought down a fresh board and moved all of the things off the table to make sure I had enough room to work with.First step was to measure out a 12 inch wide length that was square to cut away for the mounts; then cut out a 12×10 rectangle for the mount that I forgot to photograph. To make sure the image would sit in the aperture properly (and not fall through) I calculated the border widths by subtracting the image dimensions from the mount board and halved the results so each edge is even. I also increased the width along the bottom edge so the image doesn’t seem too low in the frame, something I’ve noticed over the years and want to avoid with his exhibition.Once I measured twice on the off cut I drew the markings on the backside of the mount board for cutting.After completing the cut I offered the window mount to the printed image to check it lined up correctly; the window mount is a couple of millimetres smaller than the image but that gives me more leg room to make sure the print is straight in the frame which I can live with.Being happy with the window mount I secured the mount and accompanying image into the frame to make sure it looks good enough to put on a wall; obviously I have a bias but I don’t think it looks too bad.The final step was installing the mirror plates so the frames could be hung on the wall. Hopefully at the next exhibition we can try another method of hanging the prints, I’m getting a bit bored of mirror plates now.With the first frame mocked up all I need to do now is buy 9 more frames and cut their window mounts. Just to clarify, we’re not just exhibiting 10 images, these frames are for the images that we deem to be the strongest submissions, the rest of the images are being hung with bulldog clips and hooks to prevent anyone from trying to steal the prints.